PBC Missionary Spotlight
Thank you for giving sacrificially to PBC’s General Fund as we support missionaries serving the Lord around the world. Please consider donating online to PBC’s Missions Contingency Fund (dropdown menu) to meet crisis and special needs of our missionaries or make a special gift to support Grace Hensarling.
Wycliffe Bible Translators
in Colombia, South America
Grace is a Translator/Linguist working with the Kogi people since 1981. The Kogis number around 13,000 and are a traditional people in the mountains of northern Colombia. Over the years, the Lord has been building His church among them. There are more than 200 believers, with their own pastors and teachers, seeking to grow and to spread God’s Word to the other Kogis. They received their Kogi New Testament in January 2015. They themselves have taken on the task of translating the Old Testament, and Grace’s role is to facilitate that for them, providing training, mentoring, and feedback.
Prayer requests from Grace:
1) That the Kogi Old Testament translation project would get better organized with whatever participants the Lord wants, with clear roles.
2) That God would guide and protect the Kogi pastor and translator, Juan Carlos, as well as the other leaders of the Kogi church.
3) That God would deal with Kogi believers who have fallen into sin, to convict and to restore them.
4) That God would enable and guide me in my role as translation consultant and help me learn well in the 2-week training course this month, and that progress would be made on Kogi translation checking.
5) That God would grant me health and strength for each day.
Thank you for praying faithfully for Grace’s work reaching the Kogi people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging them in their walk with Him.
Sunday Service Times
Communion Worship Service in English (Auditorium)
K- Grade 5: Children enjoy worship service in the main auditorium with their families. Children will be dismissed to Children's Church midway through the service.
Servicio de Adoración en Español
11:00 am (Student Ministry Building)