Elder Advisory Council
The purpose of the Elder Advisory Council is to support the Governing Board of Elders in regular prayer and be a resource for church ministry advice and assistance.
- Qualifications for the Elder Advisory Council are the same as those found for spiritual leaders in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
- Members of the Elder Advisory Council are to be examples to their fellow-believers in spiritual growth and in service to the local body of Plano Bible Chapel.
Advisory Council Makeup:
- The Elder Advisory Council consists of elders of Plano Bible Chapel whose term is no longer active, who are current members, and involved in the ministries of the church. These men may serve as long as they are willing and continue to meet the qualifications as stated above.
- The current Governing Board Vice Chairman will serve as liaison between Governing Board of Elders and the Elder Advisory Council.
- The Elder Advisory Council will select a chairman to serve on an annual basis to facilitate the execution of the council’s responsibilities.
Responsibilities: The Governing Board of Elders will call upon the Elder Advisory Council, as needed, for
- The communication of requests for regular prayer for the governing board and the church;
- Ministry advice, wisdom, and guidance in major ministry decisions (Examples: church discipline, building plans, leadership selection, etc..);
- Ministry assistance in under shepherding (Examples: Hospital visitation, new member interviews, visitor follow-up, etc…) as needed.
The Elder Advisory Council will meet at least once a year to evaluate the health of the church and communicate findings and recommendations to the Governing Board of Elders:
- Any and all aspects of church health may be evaluated, including the actions of the Governing Board of Elders.
- Findings and recommendations are to be summarized in a document to be retained as part of church records.
- The Elder Advisory Council is to present the findings and recommendations in this document to the Governing Board of Elders in a joint meeting.
- The Governing Board of Elders will craft a document in response to issues raised by the Elder Advisory Council and include any corrective actions deemed necessary to remediate these concerns. This response document will be retained as part of church records.