Jesus Christ is the head of our local body just as He is the head of His body, the universal church. The Elders of PBC are the shepherd overseers who lead our church under our Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ (1 Peter 5:1-4). The Elders strive to serve our body and remain sensitive to the needs and desires of our members so that their leadership is representative, not authoritative. They are committed to teaching God’s Word in order for God to transform His World through us.
PBC believes the Bible teaches that qualified elders (recognized and affirmed by PBC members) are responsible for the following:
- Lead the church to determine and execute its objectives. (1 Tim. 3:1; )
- Govern the affairs of the church. (Acts 20:28; 1 Pet. 5:2-4)
- Oversee all church organizations and their programs. (Tit. 1:7-9)
- Provide for the spiritual needs of the church. (Acts 20:28)
- Encourage and equip the church with the power of the written Word of God. (Acts 20:32)
The 2022 Governing Board of Elders are:
- John Adair
- Jordan Brown
- Chris Buri
- Jeff Edmunds(Chair)
- Warren Mull
- Larry Murray
Plano Bible Chapel Elders — Leading and Shepherding God’s People.